Your first visit to our practice establishes a vital foundation for our relationship with you. During the first visit, we make sure to obtain important background information and give you time to get to know Dr. Joseph. To understand what to expect from your first visit to our practice, please read through this page. Here you will find all the practical information you need, such as a map and directions to our office, patient forms and our mission statement.
Our friendly staff is dedicated to caring for you and your entire family's health and well-being. We take the time to create a personalized treatment for each patient and we offer a wide range of services, from diabetes treatment to obesity to reproductive endocrinology and bone disorders.
We accept Visa, Mastercard and Personal Checks.
For those patients who do not have health insurance, our fees are:
Initial Consultation: $ 250
Follow-up Visits: $ 100
Insurance Carriers We Participate With
We accept many major insurances including Medicare, Medicare/AARP, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield, Horizon NJ Health, WellCare, Amerihealth and Amerigroup Real Solutions Medicare Plans. Please call us to find out if we accept your insurance plan.
Patients with HMO (managed care insurance coverage) plans must obtain a referral from their primary care physicians prior to the first visit. If you are not sure whether you need a referral, please check with your insurance company. If you do not have a referral at the time of your visit and your health plan requires you to obtain one, your insurance company will not cover your visit.
What to Bring to Your Initial Visit
- Your insurance card(s)
- A referral, if required
- Copies of your recent medical history
- Any diagnostic test results from the last 12 months
- Most recent blood work results
- List of your current medications
Office Payment Policy
Thank you for choosing us as your provider. We are committed to providing you with quality and affordable health care. Because some of our patients have had questions regarding patient and insurance responsibility for services rendered, we have been advised to develop this payment policy. Please read it, ask us any questions you may have, and sign in the space provided. A copy will be provided to you upon request.
- Insurance We participate in most insurance plans, including Medicare. If you are not insured by a plan we do business with, payment in full is expected at each visit. If you are insured by a plan we do business with but don’t have an up-to-date insurance card, payment in full for each visit is required until we can verify your coverage. Knowing your insurance benefits is your responsibility. Please contact your insurance company with any questions you may have regarding your coverage.
- Co-payments and Deductibles. All Co-payments and Deductibles must be paid at the time of service. This arrangement is part of your contract with your insurance company. Failure on our part to collect co-payments and deductibles from patients can be considered fraud. Please help us in upholding the law by paying your co-payment at each visit.
- What is a Deductible? The amount you pay for covered health care services before your insurance plan starts to pay. For example, with a $1,000 deductible, you pay the first $1,000 of covered services yourself. After you pay out your deductible, you usually pay only a copayment or coinsurance for covered services. Your insurance company pays the rest.
- Proof of insurance All patients must complete our patient information form before seeing the doctor. We must obtain a copy of your driver’s license and current valid insurance to provide proof of insurance. If you fail to provide us with the correct insurance information in a timely manner, you may be responsible for the balance of a claim.
- Claims submission We will submit your claims and assist you in any way we reasonably can to help get your claims paid. Your insurance company may need you to supply certain information directly. It is your responsibility to comply with their request. Please be aware that the balance of your claim is your responsibility whether or not your insurance company pays your claim. Your insurance benefit is a contract between you and your insurance company; we are not party to that contract.
- Coverage changes If your insurance changes, please notify us before your next visit so we can make the appropriate changes to help you receive your maximum benefits. If your insurance company does not pay your claim in 45 days, the balance will automatically be billed to you.
- Nonpayment If your account is over 90 days past due, you will receive a letter stating that you have 20 days to pay your account in full. Partial payments will not be accepted unless otherwise negotiated. Please be aware that if a balance remains unpaid, we may refer your account to a collection agency and you and your immediate family members may be discharged from this practice.
- Missed appointments Our policy is to charge for missed appointments $25.00 not canceled within a reasonable amount of time. These charges will be your responsibility and billed directly to you. Please help us to serve you better by keeping your regularly scheduled appointment.
Our practice is committed to providing the best treatment to our patients. Our prices are representative of the usual and customary charges for our area.
Thank you for understanding our payment policy. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Below is the patient packet you'll need to complete on your first visit. You can expedite matters by downloading the form, completing it at home and handing it to our staff when you arrive for your initial visit to our office.
Patient Packet Form
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.
Our office in Cliffside Park is located at 596 Anderson Avenue, Suite #208,
Cliffside Park, NJ 07010.
Our office in Fair Lawn is located at 24-07 A. Broadway,
Fair Lawn, NJ 07410.